Tuesday, April 29, 2008

i am me


I am a mother,
daughter,
sister,
friend,
wife.
I am wife to the fireman.
Wife- companion, partner, lover, helpmate.
I am a novice gardener.
I love harvesting and eating fresh herbs and tomatoes.
I am thrilled when I can cut my own flowers and have them in vases throughout the house.
I am a cook.
I am an apron-wearer in my kitchen.
I love to eat.
I start a diet almost every Monday.
I quit dieting by Tuesday.
I love to shop Farmer's Markets and eat vegetarian meals from the bounty of my garden.
I love to eat fresh peaches and feel the juice drip down my chin.
I love Rainier cherries and Honeycrisp apples.
I am a cheese and dark chocolate lover.
I love the feel of crisp sheets off the line in the summer.
I hate the intense heat of summer.
I love my bed.
I love to nap.
I rarely take a nap.
I paint my house in vibrant colors.
I love the smell and feel of newborn babies.
I wish I could relive the moment of pushing a new baby in to the world whenever I wanted.
I love shopping in office supply stores.
I am a bargain hunter.
I get a rush from getting a good deal.
I am an artist.
I sing.
I want to be in a band.
I paint.
I am a reader.
I wish I could sit and read all day.
I love used book stores.
I am a good friend to a few and acquaintance to many.
I love girlfriend time.
I love to be touched.
I wish I could have a massage every week.
I am thankful.
I wish I had lots of money to give away.
I am a hard worker.
I am hard on myself.
I am a traveller.
I want to travel all over the world.
I want to pick olives in Provence, France.
I want to smash grapes in a vineyard in Italy.
I want to go the opera in Vienna.
I want to drink a Guinness in Dublin (again).
I want to play the drums and tap dance (not simultaneously).
I am an Apple Computer kind of girl.
I want to make out with my computer.
I am a PBS junkie.
I would totally throw my underwear at Frontline. (stole that line)
I love to laugh.
I love to dance (in the privacy of my own home when no one is around).
I listen to all kinds of music.
I hate rap.
I hate local weather forcasts and their drama.
I am phobic about lots of things:
someone sneaking up and scaring me when I am in the shower
that when I vacuum, someone is going to come at me from behind and scare me
that when in a public bathroom, someone is going to reach under and slash my Achilles Tendon
that a tornado is coming after me
that baby Jack is going to break my nose or teeth
that when I shower during a thunderstorm, lightening will strike my house sending electricity through the shower head and electrify me
my car going off of a bridge and I will have to choose which child to rescue from their car seat and save
that sharks are after me- (yes, even in swimming pools)
someone is going to be hiding under my car and slash my Achilles Tendon (what is it with the Tendon??)
I am a free spirit deep down inside.
I am in bondage.
I am trying to break the bonds holding me down.
I love to shop.
I hate buying jeans and swimming suits.
I have a love/hate relationship with my body.
I finally like my curly hair.
I only wear comfortable shoes and good bras.
I love art deco jewelry.
I don't own a diamond.
I love history.
I am a writer.
I am a story teller.
I am not a joke teller.
I am a teacher.
I teach reading, writing, geography, history, music, bible, science, math, art, and Latin.
I don't touch bugs.
I love that my kids all have my same birthmark on their foreheads.
I love hearing my eldest belly laugh.
I love to hear the middle sing.
I love to see my Baby Jack asleep.
I love to go on dates.
I eat my steaks mid-rare.
I expect the best from people.
I don't like free-loaders.
I want to be disciplined.
I am a giver.
I want to live close to the ocean and the mountains.
I am an old house lover.
I love red and turquoise together.
I drive with my windows down, sunroof open, and music cranked.
I am a foreign film watcher.
I wear big jewelry.
I am hippie-esque.
I love picnics and outdoor theaters.
I am a roller coaster rider.
I am an open book.
My face turns red when I am mad.
My eyes turn dark when I am tired, sick, or sad.
I cry regularly.
I am a believer.
I am a dreamer.

I am me.

1 comment:

The Peevyhouse's said...

Great I am! It makes me want to do mine all over again!
Love ya,
h