Wednesday, February 6, 2008

on a roll

I am impressed with myself. This is day three and I am setting a personal record in my "journaling" life.
I read an article called "Confessions of a mommy blogger" and everything clicked as to why people blog. I was always baffled when I found another friend had logged on. What was the appeal and how and why do you find the time for this? But this quote caught me by surprise: "I read blogs to feel I'm a part of something larger, a whole world of other women raising children on this crazy, spinning planet." And this one, "Being a parent is so frustratingly difficult and blindingly beautiful at the same time. Blogs remind me to celebrate the beautiful and that I'm not alone in the difficult."
I have been wounded by friendships this last year and am feeling guarded. I guess it's nice to have this blog to explode on and not have to open myself in vulnerability.

Starting this journey has opened my eyes to the world around me. I feel that I am a relatively creative person. BUT when I read others' blogs and see what the world is doing- I am just pretty underwhelming! Thank you world! I feel inspired, even after an exhausting day.

No comments: