Wednesday, June 4, 2008

freegan



have I mentioned how much I love recycling? I mean, it is so cool to get super cool stuff for free or next to nothing. I love to thrift store shop and garage sale. My neighbor makes fun of me when he hears I dug something out of the trash or picked it up off the curb. Hey, it's one less thing in the landfill.
So I am beginning a new adventure this week. I have to be honest, I am a little nervous. But times are hard and desperate times... well, you know. So tomorrow night I will become a freegan. I don't know if this is the beginning of a weekly ritual or just a one time deal. Either way, I am going with two girlfriends and we are hoping to score big- and praying for safety and zero smackdown.
It makes me excited to think I could find free food- good food, for nothing. Well, not nothing. I think at first it will be a weird pride thing if I get caught and in trouble for digging in someone's dumpster. But it will also be a sweet rush of adrenaline. And a fun memory too.

I am sure I will write about it, either way. And as to my neighbor... I will try to sneak a bit of dumpster food in to our next dinner together- just to weird him out.

3 comments:

Katherine said...

If you seriously start eating out of dumpsters, I will have to start sending you grocery money.

Trinidy said...

I'm so confused?! I think I need to read that post again :) Are you getting trash out of dumpsters to recycle or eat? Surely you're not eating anything. I'm worried!

margarita4191 said...

Can I just say I am addicted? I'm enjoying reading about your adventures so much. You're marching out into the night like a modern scientist, exploring something I've heard about other people doing...and you are going to tell us all about it! LOVE IT!