Tuesday, May 6, 2008

the unexplained: part 2

so the limp has gone away.....

Not sure why or how. I have enjoyed two days of watching Baby Jack run like mad through sprinklers, fields of clover, and my back yard. He is unstoppable and maniacal. I am surprised by his energy bursts and his inevitable crashes.
He comes in waves. I guess with a disease like this, and necessary meds, I have learn to live in the peaceful moments and tirelessly tread the rough waters of the lows.

I was listening to my friend talk about her new baby, how easy and congenial he is. My spirit took a plummet as I remembered Baby Jack as an infant. There just wasn't a sweeter baby. He was content and peaceful and easy going. He was a great sleeper and eater. I don't remember ever complaining about him- maybe I did, but I really don't remember anything but sweetness. I could have just eaten him.
So listening to my friend brag on her baby made me ache. I was overwhelmed with all the feelings I have about Baby Jack. He is so frustrating and wild. He is defiant and his behavior is embarrassing. Some days I just want to get away from him. I am worn out with being rammed and pulled on. My legs are bruised. I feel layers of guilt about how I feel. I don't want to not want to be with him. I want to be patient and long suffering and loving. I want self control and tenderness. It seems the only time I can croon over him is when he is asleep. He is still. His breathing is even and rhythmical. He looks so precious and whole.

My sweet, sweet Baby Jack.

No comments: