Saturday, September 13, 2008

take me away

i'm here. i'm safe. i am warm and cozy and gaining weight by the minute.

besides a quick dash to the airport at the last minute and a minor run-in with immigration, i am here, safe and warm. To beat the arrival of Hurricane Ike in Houston, I left a day earlier than planned. Which means I left a whole lot of stuff at home. Thankfully, I made it with clean unmentionables, books, sweaters, and whatever else that didn't make it, can be borrowed from R and R.

Today I slept until 10am (which never happens, but keep in mind it was 4am to my body so it doesn't sound that indulgent, does it?) I had a leisurely breakfast of buttery crumpets and tea, showered, read, cooked, and then had a fabulous espresso and chocolate biscuit.

We are going to the movie tonight. And tomorrow, we are going to a nearby castle for a 'Festival of Pipes'- no silly, not those pipes... bag pipes. kilts. moors. friends. heaven...

I will post regularly and hopefully with pictures. miss you Mr T and wish you were here with a kilt on too.

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Amy,
Have a wonderful time! it sounds great already!
Lots of love-
Kathy

Katherine said...

Check your email and write me back, FAST!

Grant and Sarah said...

Amy!!! So glad you got there. Oh, I'm so jelous - I should have hid in your suitcase. I will never forget going to a highland games and hearing hundreds of bagpipes ~ it still stirs my soul... Please make sure to see a highland cow and take a picture for me. I almost put one in a box to take home :)(simple joys!). Well, soak in every minute and I can't wait to see your pictures. If you travel south, Bo'ness is where I lived. :) Hugs to you!! Sarah

Anonymous said...

Amy! So glad you made it safely. What would life be for you without a little drama! Ha!
Enjoy the butter crumpets and hot tea with Rachie. I love you all.
Auntie Bumbo